Santa Claus Fund
Once again, this year, the Mennonite New Life Centre of Toronto is partnering with the Toronto Star Santa Claus Fund to bring Christmas gifts to children from disadvantaged homes.
For this reason, we invite all our clients and friends who meet the eligibility criteria listed below, to contact us at our Victoria Park Avenue or Keele Street offices to register.
Who is eligible:
- Parents must be low income earners (i. e. working for minimum wage, working PT, etc.)
- Families receiving social assistance do not need to sign up for the Toronto Stat Santa Claus Fund because their children are already listed to receive gifts via Toronto Employment and Social Services. For more information contact the TESS Christmas Bureau or your Caseworker.
- Families (including children) must reside within Toronto, Mississauga, Brampton, Ajax or Pickering. Residents of Markham, Bolton, Milton, Burlington, Richmond Hill and Vaughan ARE NOT ELIGIBLE.
- Parents can register their children ages 0 to 12 years old. Children older than 12 years of age will not receive a gift.
- Parents must provide their names, address, telephone number, buzzer code and evidence of income.
How to register:
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: TUESDAY / October 24th / 2017
Please go to any of the following Mennonite New Life Centre of Toronto offices, Monday to Friday between 8:00AM and 4:00PM. Or contact us by phone for more information.
# 204 – 3570 Victoria Park Avenue
Toronto ON M2H 3S2
Tel. (416) 291-3248
Unit # 9 – 2737 Keele Street
Toronto ON M3M 2E9
Tel. (647) 776-2057
November 17 Update: Check out the impact on one of the families who participated in this fund https://www.thestar.com/initiatives/santa_claus_fund/2017/11/13/star-gift-boxes-make-syrian-children-escaping-war-so-happy.html