Are you a recently arrived refugee or displaced person?
Are you thinking of moving to Canada and want to make informed decisions?
Or maybe you’re supporting someone in these situations?
On May 10, 2022, our expert panellists in immigration law, settlement, wellness, and employment guided newcomers in starting their new life in Canada on a solid foundation.
Watch the recording to learn about:
- Immigration processes for displaced Ukrainians and refugees
- Finding housing
- Connecting with community resources (e.g. opening a bank account, finding a school for your children, obtaining a driver’s license, etc.)
- Improving your English communication skills
- Choosing employment programs to help you find a job or continue your career
- Taking care of your physical and emotional well-being
Olha Senyshyn – Refugee Lawyer
Natalia Rodriguez – MNLCT, Settlement Worker
Saul Olmos – MNLCT, Settlement Worker
Bita Hedayati, RP – MNLCT, Wellness Counsellor