Clients' Rights & Responsibilities
Every time you access our services (in-person or online), you agree to the following rights and responsibilities:
- Be treated with dignity and respect.
- Learn about MNLCT’s Privacy and
- Receive accurate information on available programs
- Access eligible programs and services that meet
- Receive appropriate and high quality services.
- Access your records (MNLCT Client Profile) in accordance with our Privacy and Confidentiality statement.
- Provide written and/or verbal feedback to help us
improve our services.
- Make a complaint when the support is not aligned with our Service Standards.
- Treat MNLCT staff with dignity and respect; aggressive and/or intimidating behaviour is not allowed.
- Book MNLCT services in advance (no walk-ins).
- Be on time for your appointment; more than
15 minutes late will require rescheduling.
- Cancel your appointment 24 hours in advance if unable
- Provide accurate information to be registered in our internal database, as per funders’ requirements.
- Produce a valid ID to determine eligibility based on immigration status, as per funders’ requirements.
- Arrange for your own interpreter, if/when needed.
- Let MNLCT staff know of any change in your
Our Services Standards outline the guiding principles of our work and the treatment you can expect when you visit us or participate in programs at the Mennonite New Life Centre.
We will respect your dignity, your goals and your right to make your own decisions about your settlement and integration process in Canada.
We will maintain your best interest as our first priority. We will do everything within our means to assist you and advocate for you.
We will maintain up-to-date knowledge and competence in the provision of newcomer programs and services. If we do not offer the service you need, we will refer you to an appropriate resource.
We will work together with newcomer communities for social change, in an effort to reduce insecurity and enable integration, strengthen voices and increase social equality.
In our services and advocacy, we will acknowledge and challenge barriers and discrimination on grounds including ethnicity, race/colour, religion/creed, political opinion, country of origin, citizenship/immigration status, age, gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic class, family status, type of housing, neighbourhood of residence, language, and ability.
We can help you understand your rights. As we are able, we will support you in making a complaint when you feel that you have been mistreated.
We will treat you with respect, and will not use oppressive language or exhibit discriminatory behaviour. If you feel that you have been mistreated, you are encouraged to make a complaint, in person or in writing, to the Program Manager or Executive Director.
We will respect the confidentiality of personal information you disclose to us. We shall disclose such information to a third party only when required by law to do so, or when you consent to disclosure.
We will not take any kind of action that we feel to be unethical. For example, we will not communicate false information about your situation when advocating on your behalf.
We will regularly seek feedback on our programs and services. We are committed to using your feedback to improve our work, making it more responsive to the needs and aspirations of newcomers.
We will value your skills and experience, encourage your participation and contributions to our programs, and work with you towards the goal of full integration and participation in Canadian society.
Most MNLCT services are free of charge. For services involving a fee, details are available before enrolment.
MNLCT Privacy & Confidentiality
We take the protection of your privacy and confidentiality seriously. Please read our statement and let us know if you have any questions.
1. Your Personal Information
Personal information refers to any information that makes an individual (Client) identifiable. MNLCT does not collect anonymous data.
Personal information that we may collect includes, but it is not limited to:
- your name;
- your address;
- your phone number;
- your email address;
- your immigration status and immigration ID number;
- your marital/housing/employment status; and
- personal information you give us that we did not request (such as personal information you voluntarily put into an email to us).
2. Collecting Your Personal Information
MNLCT collects your personal information in order to create activities that support your settlement and integration process and provide you with our Services. We also collect, use and disclose your personal information to comply with legal and regulatory requirements and as otherwise may be permitted or required by governing laws. We will only use the personal information that we collect for the purposes for which it was collected. MNLCT collects your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide you with our Services as requested by you;
- to establish and maintain responsible relationships with our participants, members, donors, parents/guardians, staff and volunteers;
- to manage, develop and enhance MNLCT operations, programs and services;
- to acknowledge gifts, issue tax receipts, and other administrative requirements including information requests;
- to process and collect fees for service;
- to assess participant needs;
- to conduct participant satisfaction research;
- to determine program, service, employment or volunteer eligibility;
- to provide safe and secure MNLCT environments;
- to share impact stories of our participants, members, donors, parents/ guardians, staff and volunteers;
- to collect data for statistical purposes;
- for administration, management, strategic planning, decision-making, research, and allocating of resources within MNLCT;
- for fundraising and advertising;
- to respond to your questions that you send by email or through our Site;
- subject to applicable law, to provide you with newsletters and articles to notify you about other programs and services provided by MNLCT, which may be of interest to you;
- to customize the appearance of the Site and Services displayed to you;
- to obtain your feedback regarding our Services, including through surveys;
- to track behavioural information on the Site to serve similar content upon future visits;
- to improve the Site and help us develop new services, apps, tools and Site features; and
- to meet any legal or regulatory requirements.
3. When are you required to provide your Personal Information?
MNLCT may collect your personal information when you voluntarily provide it to us by using our Site or Services. For example, we may ask you to provide personal information if you:
- use our Site or our Services;
- make a donation through our Site or otherwise;
- register, update, create or sign in to an account on our Site and our Services;
- send us a question or comment by email, social media or phone;
- post comments or other content on our Site or Services;
- register to receive newsletters, articles, and updates about our Services; and
- otherwise participate in features of our Site or our Services that ask for personal information.
4. How much Personal Information do we collect?
To the best of our ability, staff and volunteers will collect personal information directly from you. MNLCT will not collect your personal information from other sources without your prior consent.
5. Children’s Privacy
MNLCT committed to protecting the privacy of children. In the case that we collect personal information from children under the age of 13, this is done only with the consent from the parents or legal guardians.
Once you have sent us your feedback, please allow us 48 hours to get back to you.
At MNLCT, we rely on data to create relevant programs and services. This is how we can help you and your family get the supports needed to succeed in Canada. We register your information according to our funders’ requirements and keep it safe through our privacy and confidentiality policies.
We Value Your Feedback
Tell us how we are doing and/or how we can improve our services. Your input is always valued and highly appreciated.
Please contact us or share your feedback on a Google Review.
What’s Your Story
Help create an inclusive
& diverse Canada