- apply for Permanent Residence under Spousal Sponsorship
- avoid financial fraud
- manage debit & credit
- navigate the TTC
- strategize your job search
- perform well in job interviews
Let us help you reach your maximum potential. We offer information sessions and workshops to help newcomers make Canada their home.
Check out our February events below and sign up for free!
Hope you can join us!
MNLCT Settlement & Employment Services
How to prepare an application for Permanent Residence under Spousal Sponsorship
Wednesday, February 1, 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM
- Are you in the process of sponsoring your spouse, common-law partner, and/or dependent children and do not know how to start?
- Do you need guidance to prepare an online application?
- Would you like to know what documents you need to gather to be ready to apply?
Join us for an info session on the spousal sponsorship application process including dependent children and learn all the steps that are necessary to reunite with your family members in Canada.
If you are interested, please contact Natalia Rodriguez at firstname.lastname@example.org
Financial Literacy & Income Tax
Wednesday, February 8, 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM
In this info session, learn about these financial skills and concepts:
- How to be less vulnerable to financial fraud
- How to support various life goals, such as saving for education or retirement, using debt responsibly, and running a business
- How to create a budget, plan for retirement, manage debt, and track personal spending
- How to manage debit and credit
Also, as part of this session, clients will be introduced to income tax returns and income tax clinics in their area.
To register please contact Bissan Soueidan at email@example.com
How to navigate the TTC
Saturday, February 11, 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Learn how to navigate the TTC System
- Schedules and Maps
- Fare Pricing
If you are interested, please contact Maria Pazmino at firstname.lastname@example.org
Saturday, February 18, 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM
Do you want to learn how to perform well in a job interview? What questions to expect? What are the best answers for difficult questions?
Join our Employment Readiness workshop and prepare your questions.
If you are interested, please contact Farahnaz Otak at email@example.com
Overcoming Employment Barriers
Thursday, February 23, 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM
How can you overcome an employment barrier?
- Are you still waiting to hear back from prospective employers?
- Do you find your job search strategies are helping you to find employment?
- Are you spending a lot of time looking for a job online without positive results?
Looking for employment can be overwhelming and stressful, especially in a new country. It is a full-time job on its own. Let us help you strategize your job search by providing you with tools to make this experience more effective in accomplishing your employment goals.
Join us to learn new strategies to overcome the challenges to find employment in the Canadian workforce. Those who are Permanent Residents, Landed Immigrants, Protected Persons, Convention refugees, and Live-In Caregivers are especially encouraged to join this workshop.
If you are interested, please contact
- Farahnaz Otak at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Natalia Rodriguez at email@example.com