Join us on March 2nd, 2023 at 10:00 – 11:30 a.m. to learn more about your rights and responsibilities as an employee in Ontario.
You will find out the answers to these questions:
- What is the Ontario Standards Act?
- Why do your rights change at work?
- What is Ontario’s Human Rights Code?
- Is it legal to be paid by cash in Ontario?
- What can my employer deduct from my wages?
- Do salaried workers qualify for overtime?
- How far in advance must your employer give you your schedule?
- What are job-protected leaves?
- How do you protect yourself if you have a bad boss?
- Why isn’t it enough to cover the basic minimum standards of your rights at work?
- And more!
It is an exciting time to join the Canadian workforce as a newcomer. However, many people do not know what their rights are as an employee in Ontario.
You may have many questions, but you don’t know who to ask and where to start. This workshop is designed to shed light on what the Employment Standards Act is, and how to protect yourself from being a victim of bad employers.
Our guest speaker, Jared Ong, is an organizer and a case worker at Workers Action Plan. He will explain your rights, how to protect yourself, and so much more.
If you are interested, please contact Farahnaz Otak at email@example.com