BESIP provides internationally educated professionals with entry to a wide variety of positions in human/social/community services. By the end of the program, participants will have a career advancement plan to progressive positions in their field of interest. You can transfer your skills from your previous education and/or experience to a fulfilling career helping others in need.
- Help you develop an understanding of the issues faced by newcomers and immigrant clients
- Help you discover professional options so you can understand how to advance in your career.
- Offer you an opportunity to gain real work experience in the fields of human/social/community services by connecting you with employers and with professional networks.
Who Should Apply
International educated professionals with a related background who want to work in the human/social/community services sector.
- International post-secondary education
- Two years’ work experience outside Canada
- Language proficiency (CLB 7) or equivalent
- Interest in working with immigrants and/or vulnerable populations
- Legal immigration status (Naturalized Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident, Convention Refugee, and Refugee Claimant with Work Permit, CUAET)
- Residence: Ontario
Our other bridging programs